Any mode of measurement has new Mercedes supercar making 600-plus horsepower. FRANKFURT – Just how much power does the upcoming Mercedes-Benz SLR have, anyway? When it comes to the horsepower rating of the new SLR supercar, Mercedes remains tight-lipped, even when the company allowed journalists to drive the prototype a couple of months ago. Mercedes has held back, in part, because midway through development, senior management decided the original 558 hp couldn't guarantee the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.