WASHINGTON – A boxfish served as the design inspiration for the Mercedes-Benz Bionic Car, a highly aerodynamic concept vehicle unveiled by DaimlerChrysler AG at its Innovation Symposium exposition here. “Our engineers thought about the exciting idea of combining the aerodynamics of a fish with the look of a car,” says Thomas Weber, head of research and development for the Mercedes Car Group. Mercedes Bionic Car The sleek, front-drive, 4-door van, which was developed in about three ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.