Ford Motor Co. plans to build a Mercury version of its new ’12 Focus C-car, both of which will enter production later this year, a company spokesman confirms to Ward’s. Details on the new Mercury are scarce, but its arrival will be the first introduction to the brand since the Mercury Milan midsize sedan was introduced in ’06. The yet-to-be-named Mercury will be based on Ford’s new global C-car platform, which eventually will underpin 10 new models accounting for more than 2 million ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.