With confirmation that it will build an upscale, Mercury-badged Windstar derivative, Ford Motor Co. exploits a small segment that is getting smaller in terms of competition. "The minivan market represents more than 1 million units," Mercury says. "and growth is expected in the $30,000-plus luxury market." Mercury Monterey Currently, the luxury van segment – as defined by Ward's – has three competitors: Oldsmobile Silhouette, Volkswagen Eurovan and Chrysler Town and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.