The Ford Five Hundred and Mercury Montego will come out this fall as '05 models, followed by the Mazda6-based Ford Futura and an unnamed Mercury companion for the '06 model year. Mercury still mulling name for its version of upcoming Futura. So if Ford already is promoting Futura, what's the hang-up in naming the Mercury? "My staff keeps serving up names, and getting agreement on a new name is very difficult," says Lincoln-Mercury Div. President Darryl Hazel. "They have a name ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.