DETROIT -- Metaldyne Corp. has been winning a fair amount of business since it was formed a year ago, but the company is particularly proud of a $200 million contract it won to produce two transmission clutch modules for a major North American auto maker. The Plymouth, MI, supplier will forge, machine, assemble and ship $200 million worth of content to its auto maker customer, beginning with the ’05 model year. It marks the first time the customer has handed off this work to a supplier. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.