Mexican car and truck production totaled 132,360 units in May, a 1.7% increase from year-ago's 130,097-unit performance (see complete data p.6). May results represent the second consecutive month vehicle production has remained flat with reputable like-1998 totals. Initial 1999 forecasts called for the automotive industry to continue to recover and improve against year-ago levels. But the domestic market is not recuperating further due to an inactive credit system, the lack of competitive ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.