The 113,563 cars and trucks built in Mexico in July represents a 17.1% increase from the 97,005 vehicles built year-ago (see data p.6). That's the fourth month production totals have improved on like-1998 totals. Calendar-year outturn is running 4.3% ahead of year-ago data. In July, vehicle production stayed healthy, primarily due to export business. Output for foreign markets climbed 39.1% compared to year-ago (81,910 vs. 58,896) thanks to considerable export increases at General Motors ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.