Production of cars and trucks in Mexico hit 163,677 units in January, a whopping 69.7% increase over like-2005’s 96,468 total. Most of the increase stems from a 90.9% jump in export production to 121,915 units. Output for the domestic market rose 28.0% to 41,762 units. (See related data: Ward’s Mexico Production by Vehicle Line) Production by the U.S. Big Three shot up 72.5% to 87,659 units. A 90.8% increase in export output accounted for the bulk of the increase. Volkswagen Mexico ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.