Mexico light-vehicle production in August saw a dramatic upswing, largely due to significant increases by Detroit auto makers. Domestic builds for the month climbed 36.3% to 39,946, while export production jumped 60.0% to 171,821, according to Ward’s data. Detroit Three builds soared 77.4%, with each auto maker posting gains. Ford Motor Co. S.A. de C.V. led the pack with a 106.2% surge to 39,208 units. General Motors de Mexico S.A. de C.V. and Chrysler de Mexico LLC saw hikes of 82.8% ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.