December brought positive momentum for Mexican auto makers, with overall production rising 7.2% to 105,404 units. Overall vehicle sales also posted strong increases, with new-car sales rising 15.5% during the month to end December at 98,431 units, while light-truck demand shot up 31.7% to 47,538 vehicles. (See related data: Ward's Mexico New Car Sales by Line and Brand) For the year, vehicle production took a slight dip, falling 1.4% to 1,552,733 units. Domestic output increased 11.7% to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.