December light-vehicle output in Mexico jumped 13.3% from year-ago to 179,156 units, due largely to a 16.0% spike in production for export. Domestic production climbed 4.0% for the month. Output by U.S.-based auto makers fell 0.5% to 84,550 units. General Motors de Mexico S.A. de C.V. production dropped 5.8% to 42,989, while Chrysler de Mexico LLC built 18,135 vehicles, 11.1% less than like-2009. Ford Motor Co. S.A. de C.V. bucked the trend, as assemblies swelled 18.4% to 27,253. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.