Mexico’s production tumbled 42.5% in February, from year-ago, to 103,487 units, largely due to a 43.6% drop in export builds. Domestic output fell 38.9%, compared with like-2008, to 23,900 units. U.S. Detroit Three builds plummeted 57.3% to 39,329 units, with General Motors de Mexico S.A. de C.V. sliding 33.4% to 26,063, and Chrysler de Mexico LLC dropping 50.4% to 13,156. While Ford Motor Co. S.A. de C.V.’s Hermosillo plant resumed production last month, following a furlough in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.