Mexico production surged 79.6% in May from prior-year to 185,207 units, a clear signal the industry has begun a long-awaited rebound. Domestic builds for the month soared 81.2% to 36,658, while production for export increased 79.1% to 148,549, according to Ward’s data. Related document: Mexico Production by Vehicle Line Combined Detroit Three builds rose 50.2%, but the comparison is skewed by widespread shutdowns a year ago at two of the auto makers. Chrysler de Mexico LLC last May ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.