Total August light-vehicle output in Mexico fell 32.4% from year-ago to 137,394 units, as export production slid 28.4% and domestic builds plummeted 43.8%. Combined, the U.S. Big Three slumped 36.0%, with Ford Motor Co. S.A. de C.V. output slipping 33.4% to 19,010 units and General Motors de Mexico S.A. de C.V. production plunging 36.2% to 29,368. Chrysler de Mexico LLC fared the worst, with a build rate 38.1% off last year’s pace to 17,431 vehicles. Related document: Ward’s Mexico ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.