Production of cars and trucks in Mexico totaled 96,468 units in January, down 19.6% from the 119,981 vehicles built during like-2004. Output for the domestic market dipped 2.6% to 32,619 units vs. year-ago’s 33,500-unit total. Export production posted a larger decline, with volume off 26.2% to 63,849 units, down from like-2004’s 86,481. (See related data: Ward’s Mexico Production by Vehicle Line) Output was up 5.7% at Nissan Mexicana S.A. de C.V., as the auto maker posts a 25% jump in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.