Output of cars and trucks in Mexico hit 172,160 units in September, a 23.6% rise on like-1999's 139,266, but down 4.5% from August levels (see data p.6). The September results again were led by production for export, which rose 32.2% from year-ago, while output for domestic consumption climbed a much more modest 3.9%. However, the decline from August production resulted from an 8.7% drop in export-bound builds. Big Three production rose 26.3% from like-1999, with DaimlerChrysler de ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.