Mexican car and truck assembly plants continue to crank up production, with March volume of 166,549 units 26.0% above like-1999's 142,158 (see data p.6). Total production for the domestic market was up 26.3% during the month to 45,975 units. Car and truck output for export rose 25.8% to 120,574. U.S. Big Three automakers saw volume rise 27.3% for the month, mostly due to a 33.2% gain in production for export markets. General Motors de Mexico S.A. de C.V. hiked production a whopping 84.1% ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.