China’s Nanjing Automobile Corp. says it has selected a plant site in Ardmore, OK, to build MG vehicles. The vehicle to be built in Oklahoma, the TF coupe, will go on sale in 2008, returning the sporty brand to the U.S. following its departure in 1980. Nanjing, which purchased certain assets of bankrupt British auto maker MG Rover Group last year after outbidding Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp., has formed MG Motors North America Inc. The new company will be responsible for sales, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.