SUPERIOR TOWNSHIP, MI – Nearly three years after opening here, Hyundai-Kia America Technical Center Inc. has yet to reach its staffing goal. But officials say the center has begun taking on more responsibility within the Hyundai Automotive Group. HATCI opened in July 2005 with 140 workers and plans to employ 400 by late 2007. But employment has remained at about 150 workers – mostly engineers, Hyundai spokesman Dan Bedore says, adding the center will “hire as needed” relative to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.