Michigan has regained the lead as the top vehicle-producing state or province in North America, after losing the crown for the first time to Ontario in 2004. However, based on a Ward's outlook, Ontario likely will retake the title by year's end and remain No.1 for some time to come. (See related data: Top Producing North American States/Provinces) Michigan, by far the largest vehicle producer in the U.S., this year produced 919,759 vehicles through April, while Ontario built 887,678 in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.