Alpha to build Citroens in Egypt CAIRO — Egypt's Alpha Auto plans to assemble Citroen Xsara passenger vehicles in Egypt. Alpha will rent an assembly line from the Arab Organization for Industrialization, where it will build the 1.6L Xsara starting in January. The company will assemble 1,500 cars next year and 2,500 in 2001. The Xsaras will use about 43% local components in the first year, with local content increasing to 48% later. An additional model may be added to the lineup. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.