Land Rover plans Jordan assembly plant AMMAN — Land Rover's Middle East distributor, Ole Automotive Trading Co., will begin assembling 5,000 Land Rover Defender 110s annually in Jordan late in 2001. The Defender is an aging but rugged sport utility/vehicle. It is no longer sold in the U.S. because it cannot be easily re-engineered to meet safety standards. Kits will be manufactured at the Land Rover plant in Solihull, U.K. Land Rover hopes to locate and train Jordanian companies to begin ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.