KUWAIT CITY – The market for counterfeit car parts in the Middle East is rising at an alarming pace, now accounting for an estimated 30% of the region’s $11 billion components sector. In a recent Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development report, the Middle East was highlighted as a central market in the $16 billion global trade in counterfeit auto parts, which is growing at an estimated 9%-11% per year. The illegal parts market in the Middle East increased 10% in volume and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.