DETROIT -- Sources at General Motors Corp. say that GM Powertrain’s Duramax 6.6L OHV V-8 turbodiesel currently is being evaluated by military interests for certain vehicular applications to which the new-age diesel might be particularly well-suited. The all-new Duramax, launched last year for GM’s 2002-model medium-duty pickup line, has enjoyed such heavy demand that the Moraine, OH, DMAX joint-venture plant, which builds the Duramax, has yet to fully satisfy, says one source. GM ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.