TORGIANO, Italy – It’s a European institution as foreign to American culture as the siesta in Spain and Boxing Day in the U.K. Meet the minicar, which “super-size me” Americans likely would associate more closely with a go-kart than an adult automobile. But the segment is huge in Europe – and most everywhere else. Minicar sales totaled about 1.2 million units in Europe in 2004, Hardy Spranger, executive in charge-Chevrolet Europe, tells Ward’s during a test drive here of the Chevrolet ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.