CANBERRA – There's renewed speculation about the future of Mitsubishi Motors Australia Ltd.'s car assembly plant following reports its Tokyo-based parent plans to consolidate global production operations. Mitsubishi Motors Corp., 37% owned by DaimlerChrysler AG, is to announce a new business plan intended to ensure its recovery from a string of difficult years that have seen losses continue to pile up. That is expected to impact some of Mitsubishi’s overseas operations. (See ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.