NAGOYA, Japan – Mitsubishi Motors Corp.’s sales in Japan are doing well this year, despite the auto maker’s struggles in the U.S. market. The new Japanese-only ‘i’ minicar is selling better than expected, and the all-new Outlander small cross/utility vehicle, due in the U.S. this fall, is outselling Toyota Motor Corp.’s all-new RAV4 CUV here. January through May, Mitsubishi sales in Japan rose 14% vs. year-ago’s 125,332 deliveries. “Mitsubishi (in Japan) has a bright future in the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.