The market will dictate whether Mitsubishi Motors Corp. exports its new Z global family of small cars to North America, says Rolf Eckrodt, executive vice president and chief operating officer. "I think there is room for smaller cars in the U.S. in the future," he says in interviews with Ward’s. "It will happen and we are ready to go." At the Tokyo Motor Show, Mitsubishi unveils two concept versions of the global platform developed in tandem with DaimlerChrysler AG’s Smart division. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.