Daimler AG is restructuring its Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corp. in a shakeup that will see the closure of two plants and the loss of about 2,300 jobs worldwide by the end of 2010. Daimler says in a statement the realignment addresses structural changes in the truck maker’s business and markets. While Japan remains Fuso’s most important market, the region’s commercial-vehicle market is experiencing a long-term downward trend, with growth potential shifting to developing economies. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.