DETROIT -- At last October’s Tokyo Motor Show, Rolf Eckrodt new Mitsubishi Motors Corp. chief operating officer, just shy of a year on the job, took the stage to the strains of the Beatles “Magical Mystery Tour.” The musical selection is one indication that the beleaguered automaker may possess a touch of self-awareness, not to mention a working sense of humor. Indeed, Mitsubishi has been on a bit of a magical mystery tour. The song, however, raises the question of whether the odyssey ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.