Mitsubishi Motors Corp., on the brink of a financial restructuring, is in talks to sell its 7.9% stake in Malaysian national auto maker Perusahaan Otomobil Nasional Bhd (Proton) back to the government. The deal comes at a time when Mitsubishi is looking to solidify its financial picture and Proton is beginning a search for a new foreign partner to shore up falling sales. Proton and Mitsubishi’s partnership stretches back 19 years, and most of Proton’s cars are based on Mitsubishi design. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.