Mitsubishi Motors Corp. is looking into producing SUVs at DaimlerChrysler AG’s Beijing Jeep Corp. joint venture plant in China, news reports say. Mitsubishi declined comment. DC, which holds a 37% stake in Mitsubishi, produces Jeeps for the Chinese market at the JV, the first to be established in the country back in 1983 between former Jeep parent American Motors Corp. and Beijing Automotive Industry Group. Reports indicate the SUV’s platform would be similar to that of the Airtek, which ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.