Mitsubishi Motors Corp. announces its next-generation Lancer Evolution sport sedan, going on sale this fall in Japan and in the U.S. in early 2008, will feature a dual clutch transmission system. Twin Clutch SST (sport shift transmission) uses two clutches in place of a traditional automatic transmission’s torque converter to allow for fast, smooth gear changes, similar or faster than those experienced with a manual transmission, which the vehicle also will offer. The Twin Clutch SST’s ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.