Mitsubishi Motors Corp. has outlined a plan to return the Japanese auto maker to profitability by 2006 that keeps its sole U.S. assembly plant, in Normal, IL, open. Normal escaped the fate of a car assembly plant in Japan and an engine and foundry plant in Australia that will be shuttered as part of MMC’s new plan to cut about 20% of its global workforce over the next two years. Mitsubishi builds a number of cars at Normal that includes Eclipse Spider. Mitsubishi’s new Chairman and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.