TOKYO — Mitsubishi Motors Corp. plans to cut jobs and consolidate purchasing with new partner DaimlerChrysler AG, which in March took a 34% controlling interest in the automaker. The new restructuring plan calls for the reduction of administrative staff by 10%, or 1,000 employees, to 8,900 by April 2004. Mitsubishi and DC reportedly also have plans to develop a compact car, now being called the “Z car,” for the global market in the next four years. Other features of Mitsubishi's ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.