DETROIT – Some Japanese auto makers shun their heritage, choosing to promote their U.S. investments, but Mitsubishi Motors North America seeks to capitalize on it. In developing a new advertising campaign for its new '06 Eclipse sport coupe, “we looked at the world around us and our environment in the U.S.,” says David Schembri, MMNA executive vice president-sales and marketing. “We said, 'Other companies are almost hiding from their Japanese heritage, our Asian competitors, and why ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.