Mitsubishi Motors Corp. is selling its 1.71% stake in Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. for ¥14 billion ($114 million). The stake is being sold to auto parts maker Hyundai Mobis Co. Ltd., which now will have an 11.5% stake in Hyundai Motor. Mitsubishi says the sale is part of its ongoing restructuring plan to reduce debt and improve earnings. The sale will take place between Nov. 1, 2002, and March 15, 2003, Mitsubishi says.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.