Mitsubishi Motors Corp. sells its 7.93% stake (43.5 million shares) in Malaysian auto maker Proton for 396 million ringgit ($104 million). The sale brings additional support to Mitsubishi’s ailing balance sheet. The auto maker recently raised its full-year loss forecast and is in the midst of developing a restructuring plan to right its course. The sale does not include the 7.93% stake held by parent Mitsubishi Corp.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.