TOKYO – Mitsubishi Motors Corp. has tied a new knot with its former partner, DaimlerChrysler AG, agreeing to supply a version of its new 64-hp minicar engine to the Smart Fortwo successor due in 2007. Smart will get naturally aspirated and turbocharged versions of the 3-cyl. engine, says a Smart spokeswoman. Replacement for Smart Fortwo to get MMC engine. Mitsubishi introduced the 0.66L engine at the Tokyo Motor Show in the production version of its 4-passenger minicar called the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.