DETROIT — Mitsubishi Motor Sales of America Inc. (MMSA) Executive Vice President Pierre Gagnon says the U.S. unit of Mitsubishi Motors Corp. will profit from the recent tie-up with DaimlerChrysler AG. DC in March purchased a controlling 34% stake for US$2.1 billion in the Japanese automaker, which carries a US$16.4 billion debt load. If DC hopes to access capacity at the Mitsubishi plant in Normal, Illinois, U.S.A., however, there could be a problem for MMSA. The Normal plant, where DC ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.