TOKYO — Strapped for cash, Mitsubishi Motors Corp. has turned to an overseas affiliate to build the next in its line of gasoline direct injection (GDI) engines. The new engine, a V-8, will be produced by Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. for a new luxury sedan (codenamed LZ) scheduled for launch in April or May in South Korea. A senior Mitsubishi executive says while Mitsubishi has no plans to build the engine in Japan, it will, if necessary, import the powerplant from Hyundai's Ulsan plant. At ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.