United Auto Workers union personnel at Mitsubishi Motor Mfg. of America Inc.’s Normal, IL, assembly plant approve a 31-month contract. Hourly workers had been without a contract since Aug. 29 when their previous deal expired. The Normal factory produces the Mitsubishi Eclipse, Galant and Endeavor models. The contract, which was ratified by 77% of UAW Local 2488’s members, reportedly increases base wages 2% in 2006, and 3% in 2007. The UAW represents some 2,800 workers at the Normal plant.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.