As an innovator of gasoline direct-injection technology and the first to give the public a taste of its efforts — not to mention the holder of the trademarked “GDI” badge — Mitsubishi Motors Corp. is raising the bar before most automakers have had a chance to catch up. Mitsubishi now is focusing its efforts on developing an new family of GDI engines — actually, a new family of powertrains — dubbed the GDI Sigma Series, that build on the powerplant's inherently efficient operation. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.