DETROIT -- The Society of Plastic Engineers annual awards were a big deal this year – literally. My first time judging was in 1999 and I can’t recall a nominated component that wasn’t single-handedly carried in by the presenter. This year’s competition, held in early November at the American Plastics Council’s facility in Troy, MI, was highlighted by a number of big plastic components. A hybrid front-end module for the Audi A2 and a pickup box for the Chevy Silverado are just two ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.