General Motors Corp.’s Accessories unit is beginning to deliver a significant new revenue source for the auto maker by massively increasing its business with GM dealers. “In 2002, we had just under 30% of GM dealers who didn’t buy anything from GM Accessories,” Nancy Philippart, executive director-GM Accessories business channel, tells Ward’s. “Now, in 2005, it’s just a little over 1% not buying anything.” However, Philippart says total revenues generated from the sector did not meet her ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.