AUBURN HILLS, MI – Consumer interest is so strong in the upcoming ’05 Jeep Liberty diesel that Chrysler Group is looking a possibly increasing availability beyond the original 5,000 unit target. The auto maker says it has received initial hand-raisers from more than 10,000 potential customers, far outpacing expectations. Problem is the joint venture plant with Detroit Diesel that produces the engines is capacity constrained to 50,000 units and Jeep’s European models take up 45,000. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.