DETROIT -- Siemens VDO Automotive introduces a product that can accomplish what your mother never could: It forces you to sit up straight. The new system “pulls the occupant into a desirable, upright position before collision impact and airbag deployment,” Siemens says. See related story Using a mechatronic, multi-function coiling motor powered by 42-volt architecture, the Tier 1 supplier is building a seatbelt pretensioning system for a European vehicle application scheduled to roll ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.