PASADENA, CA — Ford Motor Co. wrangles the original pony car in a different and segment-redefining direction with the launch of its somewhat-new-for-1999 Mustang Cobra. No small task, considering the car is really only a refresh. Although the whole Mustang herd may be long overdue for a ground-up redo, the new stuff packed in the 1999 Cobra more than makes up for its antiquated roots. The big news: Its haunches now squat confidently on an IRS. No, not the IRS. An IRS, as in independent ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.