Acting on a curious whim, Coca-Cola Co. "improved" its formula in 1985 and ignited a consumer rebellion that nearly crushed the celebrated company. So, to quell the insurrection and save an American institution, Coke rededicated itself to making the original recipe. Today, a similar set of circumstances faces Ford Motor Co. Its Fox platform turned gray years ago, requiring that the iconic Mustang be redesigned. J Mays, vice president-design, acknowledges the stakes: "When you’re ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.